Best family friendly fishing and boating spots in 2017
Hey fishing fans! This is Debbie Hanson, and I’m here on Webb Lake in Florida to officially announce the 2017 Best Family-Friendly Fishing and Boating Places on behalf of Take Me Fishing.
This year, the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation brought together celebrities, fishing professionals, and federal and state officials to curate the 2017 official family-friendly fishing and boating spots. The full list can be found on the TakeMeFishing.org and VamosAPescar.org websites. The announcement of the list comes at a perfect time: just before the grand celebration of the National Fishing and Boating Week, which takes place June 3-11.
Brand new this year, an exciting group of distinguished writers and experts have compiled the list and shared their favorite family-friendly fishing and boating spots. Country star Luke Bryan is making headlines this year alongside fellow musician Justin Moore, professional soccer player Alejandro Villanueva and a number of industry experts.
Here are the highlights of what to expect from the entire list of the best places to get on the water with your family and friends:
• • Webb Lake, Fla. –I love wildlife fishing on Webb Lake. “Not only is Webb Lake great for largemouth bass and bluegill, but there are some great wildlife viewing opportunities too. During my visits I have seen cranes, gray herons and white-tailed deer. “
• • Percy Priest Lake, Tenn. – Country music star Luke Bryan admits “a good fisherman never shares his best spot”, but thankfully he still offers his favorite spot to escape his fast-paced world for a relaxing time on the water. Bryan’s favorite spot near Nashville is known for “Huntin ‘, Fishin’, and Lovin ‘Every Day” and a natural addition to this year’s list. Bryan also has a clothing line of the same name at Cabela’s and fans can catch the country megastar’s tour this summer … “Huntin ‘, Fishin’ and Lovin ‘Every Day.
• • Presque Isle Bay, PA. – Professional offensive lineman and former Army Ranger, Alejandro “Big Al” Villanueva, has chosen this popular spot on Lake Erie and knows a thing or two about the importance of a good tackle and a strong line. When he doesn’t protect the quarterback, Al says, “I spend a lot of time fishing and I really appreciate any time on the water.”
• • Degray Lake, Ark. – I grew up in the nearby country singer Poyen, Ark Justin Moore As a young boy, he often visited Degray Lake and passed on his love of fishing to his own children. He recalls, “Watching my oldest daughter catch her first fish all by herself must be my favorite moment out there.”
• Texas City Dyke, Texas – Professional fisherman Cindy Nguyen added this point, noting, “I grew up fishing in the Texas City Dyke area. It’s still one of my favorite places to bring the family. “
• Central Park, NY – Host of South Bends Lunkerville, Michael de Avila, better known to his fans as Mike D., was looking for an unexpected fishing oasis in the middle of the country’s largest city. Central Park offers three unique family-friendly locations on the lake, the pond, and the Harlem Meer.
• South Padre Island, Texas – – Pedro Sors, professional angler and Mexico’s favorite fishing TV show host, chose this popular location to give him and his sons a sense of freedom and a chance to connect with nature and himself.
• Buckeye Creek, California. – – Chelsea Day of the blog “Someday I’ll Learn” fondly remembers memories of this picturesque place in the Eastern Sierras. “Our oldest son caught his first fish here, and it was really something special to be able to prepare it right away and serve it for dinner at the campsite. Such a sense of achievement for him! “, She says.
To see if your favorite spot is on the list this year or to discover new places to visit, visit TakeMeFishing.org and look for the interactive map of fishing and boating places. Tight lines and happy fishing, that’s Debbie Hanson for TakeMeFishing.org.
You might like it too
Debbie Hanson is an award-winning outdoor writer, women’s fishing advocate, IGFA world record holder, and freshwater guide in southwest Florida. Hanson’s written work has been featured in publications such as Florida Game & Fish Magazine, BoatUS Magazine, and USA Today Hunt & Fish. To learn more about her work, visit shefishes2.com or follow her on Instagram @ shefishes2.