Activities at home during Covid-19: Fishing Edition
The quarantine lifestyle has become a new norm that none of us could have expected. Staying home was the best way to keep our families, ourselves, and our communities safe and healthy. Although initially an adaptation, we can all find things at home during the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic that we didn’t have time for in the past – learn a new skill, start a garden, and actually unplug ours constant bustle.
When you’ve blown off your puzzles and board games and looking for new things to do back home, how about getting your fishing game under control? Fishing during Covid-19 doesn’t have to mean going out into the world. You can start learning and planning. Here are some things you can do at home to take your fishing proficiency to the next level once you officially emerge from quarantine.
- Check out the new Angler Academy for Kids – a fun new way to enjoy the outdoors!
- Learn to tie different fishing knots
- Watch fishing videos for tips
- Play a fishing video game
- Clean and maintain your poles and equipment
- Organize your equipment and tackle it
- Order new fishing tackle if you hesitate
- Take an online boating course
- Set up a course in your yard to practice throwing accuracy
- Research and study of fish species and marine life
- Research and practice of new fishing techniques
- Hop on Google Earth and explore fishing spots near you
- Plan your next fishing adventure
Practicing fishing during Covid-19 is a great use of your time and can help you become a better angler. When you’re ready to return to the world safely, you need to test a whole new arsenal of knowledge. Don’t forget to keep your fishing license up to date before you go fishing next time. Tight lines and happy quarantine!